Deadline: Midnight, February 1st, 2023, Pacific Time
The CAES-WAEA Program Committee invites you to participate in the 2023 Canadian Agricultural Economics Society (CAES/SCAE) – Western Agricultural Economic Association (WAEA) Joint Annual Meeting. We are accepting submissions of abstracts for the Selected Paper program and proposals for Organized Sessions.
Submissions on any aspect of agricultural or resource economics, including teaching, research and/or extension are encouraged.
Registration and Membership Requirements:
- Presenters must be members of the CAES, the WAEA, or both, and registered for the Annual Meeting by May 30, 2023.
- Each member may be the primary/presenting/contact author on up to two submitted abstracts, but there are no limits to co-authorship on other abstracts submitted by other individuals.
- Proposals must be submitted in pdf format and cannot exceed two pages using double-spacing and 12-point font with one-inch margins on all sides.
- References may be included on the third page.
- To facilitate the blind review process, please do not place the author(s) name(s) on the abstract.
- A suggested format for the abstract is as follows: Title, Problem Statement, Objectives, Data and Methods, Results or Expected Results, and Implications
Submission Website and Procedures:
After navigating to the conference software website, Submit Now
- If you have not submitted through this system in the past, you will need to create a user account by clicking the “Registration” tab in the online system.
- After you log in to the system, click “+ Create new submission” in the Author Console.
- Enter the title of your paper.
- The section “AUTHORS” should list your e-mail address, name, organization, and country.
- To add more authors, please enter the e-mail address of your co-author and click “+ Add.” Fill in the fields to provide the name, organization, and country of your co-author and click “+ Add.” Repeat this process to add more co-authors.
- In the section “SUBMISSION AREAS,” select the submission category. If you are submitting to the Selected Paper category, please choose the specific topic area that best characterizes your paper. If you are a graduate student who does not wish to participate in the graduate student paper competition, please use the Selected Paper category.
- To upload your proposal in PDF format, click “Upload from Computer” and select the file.
- Click “Submit.” You will receive a notice of your submission.
Topic Areas: Select a topic area that matches the paper’s contribution most closely to help determine who reviews the paper:
- Graduate student paper competition
- Selected Extension Presentation or Teaching Presentation / Western Extension Committee
- Selected paper:01 – Agribusiness
02 – Agricultural finance
03 – Agri-marketing, demand, and price analysis
04 – Community and regional economics
05 – Consumer and household economics
06 – Environmental and resource economics
07 – Experimental and behavioral economics
08 – Food and agricultural policy
09 – International trade and development
10 – Production economics and farm/ranch management
11 – Quantitative and research methods
Selection and Notification:
- Selection will be based on input from blind peer reviews.
- Authors will be advised on the status of their proposals by mid-March, 2023.