GRADUATE STUDENT JOB FAIR
July 11, 2019 — Lord Elgin Hotel — Ottawa
The Canadian Agricultural Economics Society is pleased to announce a job fair for graduate students and potential employers taking place at its 2019 Annual Meeting!
Students must be CAES members and registered for the annual meeting to participate.
Check-in: 8:30-12:00 – Main Lobby Registration Desk
- Students and employers check in.
- Students do not need to register for the Fair but can show up anytime during the Meet & Greet to chat with employers.
Meet & Greet: 10:00-12:00 – Ontario Room
- This is an opportunity for potential employers and students to meet and chat informally at the information booths of potential employers.
- Students should bring copies of their resume to share with companies that would like to follow up with them.
Interviews: 10:00-17:00 – Boardroom 800 (AAFC)
- One-on-one interviews between pre-selected students and AAFC (see flyer below).
- Other employers may schedule interviews in the afternoon after meeting students.
Value to Employers
Organizations will have an opportunity to meet and interview a select group of 15-30 highly skilled potential employees with a graduate level background in economics and knowledge of issues related to food, agriculture, and natural resources and the environment.
Information about the candidates will be provided to registered employers who will be welcome to interact with candidates in advance of the Annual Meeting.
Value to Students
Students will have an opportunity to meet with potential employers and learn more about their organizations. Many students will have an opportunity to have meaningful one-on-one interviews. Some organizations may be in a position to hire “on the spot”. Others will follow up at a later date after meeting informally. Students should bring their resumes.
AAFC EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Opportunities: 6 positions available in the EC Development Program (ECDP)
- How to Apply: In order to be considered, interested students must read and follow the instructions outlined in the Statement Merit Criteria and Application Information.
- Deadline: May 29, 2019, 23:59, Pacific Time
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT STATISTICS CANADA
- Opportunities: The Ag Division is hiring. Visit the Statistics Canada booth during the Meet & Greet to find out more.
- How to Apply: Bring your resume to the booth and StatCan will follow up with you.