Position: Dairy Sector Analyst
Salary: Full time position, Compensation commensurate with experience
Position Start Date: February/March 2019
DPAC is currently looking for a Dairy Sector Analyst that will report to the Senior Director, Regulatory Affairs & Strategic Initiatives. On the dairy policies and economics front, duties include conducting statistical analysis and projections to inform and support DPAC policy development. In addition, the Dairy Sector Analyst will provide support in the area of regulatory affairs (labelling, animal welfare, etc.), including the preparation of supporting materials for meetings of the Dairy Regulatory/Technical Committee (DRTC) and the Animal Welfare Committee (AWC). The incumbent will be asked to attend meetings, calls and webinars and to provide verbal and written reports on the elements that are relevant to DPAC and its membership. He/she will engage with industry stakeholders and DPAC members. Strong cooperation with other DPAC employees is of the utmost importance.
- Obtaining, processing and standardizing relevant data from primary data sources.
- Working with DPAC colleagues to develop data-sets to inform and support policy development.
- Providing input into reports for use in briefings, presentations, and publications.
- Participating in the development of economic study plans as well as surveys to be distributed to members.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- A degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a specialization in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Economics, Commerce, Public Policy, Mathematics, Food science and technology, Food safety OR an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Knowledge of developing and utilizing spreadsheets.
- Experience in coordinating projects, conducting research, and writing reports for internal and external purposes.
- Flexibility to respond to shifting priorities and last-minute requests, ability to self-manage.
- Self-starter, shows initiative and entrepreneurial spirit.
- A positive attitude and ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of the dairy industry in Canada and abroad is an asset.
- Knowledge of the supply management system in Canada is an asset.
- Knowledge of trade agreements (WTO, CETA, CUSMA, etc.) and trade negotiations is an asset.
- Ability to write and communicate in both official languages is an asset.
Please send your CV and with a covering note outlining your interest in the position to Ciana Van Dusen via email at email@example.com, by January 31, 2019. We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
DPAC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
About the Dairy Processors Association of Canada
The Dairy Processors Association of Canada is the national voice of the dairy processing sector, representing the public policy and regulatory interests of Canada’s dairy processors.
Apply for job
Join the conversation
“My favourite thing about being a CAES member is the way it brings together like-minded individuals who all have different knowledge and experience. To be able to discuss relevant topics with people who have a broad range of expertise within the field is very beneficial.”
Kathryn, Early Career Professional Member