Employment Opportunity Type(s): (6) Indeterminate
Branch: Strategic Policy Branch
Location(s): National Capital Region (NCR)
Closing date and time: 2019-05-29, 23:59 Pacific Time
Open to: Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad
The Research and Analysis Directorate (RAD) of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada is looking for individuals with strong analytical, creative, strategic, research and writing skills to work on various departmental priority files undertaking research, reviewing and summarizing technical and analytical reports, preparing briefings for senior management, and collaborating and liaising with analysts across the Department and beyond.
RAD is responsible for providing economic analysis, information and forecasts related to the domestic and international agriculture and agri-food sectors. The successful candidates will conduct economic analysis and provide strategic advice to support policy development in the Department.
These are indeterminate positions in the EC Development Program (ECDP) at Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC). The program is designed to develop individuals from the EC-02 entry level to the EC-05 level. Employees will gain practical experience and develop their skills through varied work assignments, and learning and development opportunities.
Candidates must meet each of the Essential Qualifications below to be appointed to a position. Candidates may be required to meet certain Asset Qualifications depending on the requirements of the position to be staffed.
How to Apply
To apply, candidates must submit the following:
COVER LETTER: Candidates must submit a cover letter no longer than 600 words, which clearly demonstrates how they meet the EDUCATION requirements and EACH of the essential qualifications.
RESUME: Resumes will be used as a secondary source to validate the experience described in the cover letter, and to assess education.
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following essential qualifications
Master’s or PhD degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with specialization in agricultural economics, economics, or statistics. Note: Candidates may be in the process of completing their studies but must complete their Master’s or PhD degree before they are appointed to the position.
Experience preparing research and analysis in one or more of the following areas:
- policy analysis
- trade policy analysis
- economic analysis
- quantitative & qualitative analysis
- Resource & environnemental policy analysis
- market analysis
- statistical or econometric analysis
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (during a written exam or interview)
- Knowledge of policy environment, issues and trends
- Knowledge of economic, sociological or statistical principles, practices, techniques, tools and/or methods
- Analytical Thinking
- Interactive Communication
- Writing Skills
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (asset qualifications)
- Knowledge of the agriculture and agri-food sector as it relates to the mandate of the Department
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, policies, procedures or standards of the agriculture sector
- Knowledge of AAFC’s priorities, objectives, structure and processes
- Knowledge of external partners and/or stakeholders and/or fora (e.g., governmental and non-governmental)
Conditions of Employment
- Willingness to be reassigned to other work managers at AAFC on an as required basis as part of the career development under the EC Development Program
- Security clearances (enhanced or secret) for each appointment will be required
- Availability and willingness to work overtime
- Availability and willingness to travel
- Availability and willingness to relocate (if recruiting externally) to the National Capital Region
Title: Project Manager
Division: Economic Integration and Analysis Division
Directorate: Research and Analysis Directorate
Tel: (613) 773-1256
Apply for job
Join the conversation
“My favourite thing about being a CAES member is the way it brings together like-minded individuals who all have different knowledge and experience. To be able to discuss relevant topics with people who have a broad range of expertise within the field is very beneficial.”
Kathryn, Early Career Professional Member