Senior Program Officer_SK Agriculture
Senior Program Officer - AGR000830
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time
Ministry: 001 Agriculture
Salary Range: $37.432-$46.906 Hourly
The Programs Branch with the Ministry of Agriculture is seeking a values-based, performance oriented leader to support the delivery of programs under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership that have a significant impact on Saskatchewan agricultural producers.
The successful candidate will lead a high performing team to administer client-centre, efficient programs that meet the needs of the stakeholder. Your experience will demonstrate the impact of effective program policy and process on outcomes-based program delivery in an environment of accountability and fiscal prudency.
The primary responsibility and knowledge required for this position are:
- Knowledge of program development and program administration;
- Establish relationships and collaborate with other branches, other ministries and agencies to ensure efficient and effective programs;
- Ability to accurately interpret and ensure compliance with legislation and policy to meet program outcomes and service standards;
- Ability to anticipate and identify client needs to continually improve service outcomes by maximizing client satisfaction;
- Ability to analyze relevant trends and issues, identify options and solutions and recommend policy changes to meet strategic goals and address client needs;
- Ability to verbally, and in writing, clearly and concisely provide/explain relevant information in response to often complex inquiries or issues at a level appropriate to the audience; and
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and assign a high volume diverse workload to a high performing team.
Additional assets include:
- Knowledge or experience relating to the trends and issues affecting the agriculture sector, its stakeholder and producers.
Typically, the knowledge and abilities required for this position would be obtained through a degree in public policy, business administration or agriculture, combined with relevant program delivery and leadership experience.
The Ministry’s deep rooted values system of innovation, teamwork, integrity, service excellence and leadership at all levels serve as the foundation to ensure results are achieved. The successful candidate must be a team player, able to both lead and collaborate, with a reputation for integrity and a focus on service excellence and innovation in their work.
Number of Openings: 1
Closing Date: Apr 27, 2023, 12:59:00 AM