Research Analyst, Markets_Manitoba Agricultural Services Corporation (MASC)
Research Analyst, Markets
(There may be an opportunity for a hybrid work arrangement)
Location: Any MASC Service Centre
Manitoba Agricultural Services Corporation (MASC) has an exciting opportunity for you to be a part of a team that values building relationships, enables change, and supports the agriculture industry in Manitoba. Come join our team as we offer an engaging work environment, competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package (including pension plan), and we encourage a healthy work-life balance.
Under the direction of the Product Development Manager, the Research Analyst, Markets utilizes their industry knowledge, mathematical, communication, and critical-thinking skills towards maintenance and review of MASC programs, policies, and requirements. The Research Analyst primarily focuses on collection, documentation, maintenance, and analysis of market information, evaluation of programs, and undertaking assigned research projects.
MASC values excellence, integrity, and accountability. We strive to enhance existing products and develop new products, transform service delivery to enrich the client experience, pursue customer driven organizational change, and maximize performance, engagement, and development of all employees.
MASC has five core competencies: communication, decision making, initiative & innovation, leadership, and organization. Competencies relate to every position at MASC and along with the technical requirements, are included in the qualifications for all positions at MASC.
- Post-secondary education in Agribusiness, Agricultural Science, Business, or Economics, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience may be considered.
- Experience collecting, organizing, and analyzing research data, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Experience in the agricultural industry.
- Experience interpreting and applying various acts, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Experience using Microsoft Office 365 (SharePoint, OneDrive, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) in a cloud-based environment.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain databases, records, files, and reports.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to analyze, assess, and recommend effective solutions to problems.
- Ability to work collaboratively, build, and maintain strategic relationships with internal and external sources.
- Knowledge of Manitoba grain and livestock marketing systems and data sources.
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations, is an asset.
- Registration with or eligibility for registration with the Manitoba Institute of Agrologists, is an asset.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel within the Province of Manitoba.
This position has a salary range of $67,671 to $84,523 per annum (under review).
Interested candidates are requested to send their résumé and cover letter, marked Confidential, no later than May 7, 2023 to: