Group AGÉCO is made up of multidisciplinary professionals who put their minds together to meet the corporate responsibility needs of organizations. To achieve this, we rely on collaboration, rigor, creativity and innovation.
The senior analyst carries out various mandates aimed at giving our clients a better understanding of their socio-economic and political business environment, using analyses, strategies and tools developed by Groupe AGÉCO.
Do you recognize yourself?
- Versatility, loving numbers as much as words, comfortable with both micro and macro
- Intellectual curiosity, methodological rigor
- Ability to listen to customers, focused on understanding their needs
- Master’s degree (or higher) in economics, environmental economics, agroeconomics or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in economic analysis applied to the agricultural and agri-food sector
- Excellent communication in French (C1 level required) and English
- Advanced Excel skills and on the lookout for new tools and technologies to optimize the use of quantitative research methods
- Good knowledge of statistical databases (e.g. Statistics Canada, UN Comtrade, USDA-NASS, FRED, Eurostat)
YOUR ROLE : Inform the decision-making of our customers
Concretely, what does that mean?
Concretely, what does that mean? For example: supporting an organization in the sector or a sector to understand its competitiveness factors, its risks and its business opportunities in order to act proactively - support reflections on the export potential of agri-food products - lead reflections on the challenges of workforce using structural and economic analyze…
Here are examples of our strategic interventions:
Voici des exemples de nos interventions stratégiques :
- For Environment Network (Quebec) :
- For the Association for the Marketing of Non-Timber Forest Products :
- For the Canadian Pork Council :
- For Supply Management Movement :
The Senior Analyst Agricultural and Agri-Food Economics must collaborate with other team members to:
- Collect, process and strategically analyze primary and secondary data relevant to the achievement of the mandate using the latest technologies;
- Carry out strategic economic and policy analyses applied to the agricultural and agri-food sector, using a variety of qualitative and quantitative approaches (including econometric modeling);
- Conduct literature reviews, including academic literature;
- Develop research and analysis strategies based on relevant economic theories;
- Write reports to formulate strategic recommendations based on rigorous interpretations of the results obtained;
- Plan, organize and/or supervise the completion of assigned mandates
- Carry out the mandates given while respecting established deadlines and budgets
The advantages of working with us :
A caring work environment:
- Stimulating professional development opportunities;
- 2 physical workspaces in Quebec City and Montreal;
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid work policy;
- Group insurance including EAP and telemedicine;
- An annual bonus;
- An additional week’s paid vacation at Christmas;
- A maximum 4% contribution to our pension plan
- Various activities to stimulate team spirit!
To submit your application :
If you are interested in this position, please e-mail your CV and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org