Credit Manager (Bilingual) (Future Opportunities)
Job number: R-1004728
Location: Kanata, Ontario; Montreal, Quebec; Mississauga, Ontario; Quebec, Quebec; Calgary, Alberta; Regina, Saskatchewan
Closing date: March 13, 2023
Language(s) required: English, French
Worker Type: Permanent
Term lending expertise required:
Analyze and adjudicate agriculture loan applications and make recommendations based on credit risk management best practices and FCC policies. This position is designated bilingual (English and French), and the successful candidate must be able to communicate in both of Canada’s official languages.
What does applying for future opportunities mean?
When you apply for future opportunities, you are applying to be part of an inventory of candidates used to fill future vacancies in the location(s) listed in this job posting. As positions become available, qualified applicants may be invited to participate in further assessment.
What you’ll do:
- Authorize loans beyond the limits of Operations lending staff
- Review and analyze source documents and proposals for authorization
- Assess and consistently apply corporate and credit risk policy
- Analyze administration requests such as loan amendments, security amendments and policy exceptions
- Coach lending staff on a variety of credit policies and techniques, researching the topic if necessary
What we’re looking for:
- Strong communicator with a proven ability to collaborate across divisions
- Multi-tasker who can thrive in a busy environment
- Team player who excels as a key resource of Canadian agriculture industry trends and risk mitigation techniques
- Organizational pro with strong risk assessment and analysis skills
What you’ll need:
- Undergraduate degree in business, economics or agriculture and at least five years of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Experience analyzing agricultural loan applications (mortgage, short and long-term credit and revolving credit)