A block of rooms has been set aside for attendees at a discounted rate.
Conference Rate: $169 CND Queen / $189 Double-Double or King
Rate Cut-off Date: May 15, 2020
Group Code: 1137PC
Reserve a Room: Call Direct 204 942 8251 or Toll Free 1 800 665 8088. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The above rates are based on single or double occupancy only.
- An additional charge of $20.00 per person per night will apply for triple occupancy.
- The rate will be honoured until the cut-off date. Any rooms in the block not reserved by this date are released for general sale by the hotel.
- Reservation requested after the cut-off date will be accepted based on availability at the best available rate.
- Group guestroom rates will apply for three (3) days before and after the conference dates if reserve before the cut-off date.
- Guestroom rates are subject to the Provincial and Goods and Services Taxes as well as the 5% City of Winnipeg Hotel Occupancy Tax.
- Reservations will automatically be billed for one night unless cancelled 24 hours the day before arrival.
- Check-in time is 3:00 PM. Check-out time is 12:00 NOON. No-show and/or early departures will be charged one night at the reservation rate.
Why book a room in the conference block?
You help us meet our financial commitment to the hotel. In order to secure a large block of quality hotel rooms at competitive prices in convenient locations, the CAES is legally bound to fill the rooms we contract. By booking in the block, you help us meet our financial obligations, ultimately keeping your registration rates reasonable. Many associations that hold conferences face this challenge when participants book outside the block using various online hotel reservation tools.
Additionally, by reserving a hotel room at the official conference hotel, you will be able to stay connected with informal activities and networking opportunities, enhancing your overall conference experience.
How does booking outside the block affect you?
If the CAES does not meet its room block commitments because attendees make reservations elsewhere, the hotel will charge the CAES attrition fees to make up for their lost revenue. These penalties can be significant and the CAES could be forced to increase registration fees or cut back on services provided to cover these expenses.
Why doesn’t the CAES book fewer rooms so there isn’t attrition?
Reducing room block commitments in future contracts would be accompanied by a reduction in the meeting space made available to the CAES, which means fewer concurrent sessions and no room for other events, such as the job fair, learning workshop, or other meetings. This would significantly change the opportunities for learning and networking.
- Fitness passes to the fitness centre for registered guests
- High speed wireless internet in guestrooms and common areas
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea/cookie service to all guestrooms for in-house guests (restrictions apply)
- Exquisite bed ensemble with feather mattress, down duvets & pillows
- Two line guestroom telephone with voice messaging
- Flat screen HD Smart lV’s
- Gift shop and Room Service open from 7:00 AM to 12:00 MIDNIGHT
- Apples and newspapers available at the Front Desk